During the summer, we eat salad for pretty much every meal. And for breakfast, we put a salad in the blender and call it a smoothie. Well…. kinda.
Greens Salad with Ginger-Miso Dressing
Yields – 2 Jumbo Salads
Total Time – 15 minutes
- 1 box or bunch mixed greens, fresh arugula, spinach or romaine
- 1 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
** For Dressing **
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chickpea miso
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- Shred carrots, slice cucumber and toast almond slices.
- In a big bowl, layer lettuce with veggies then almonds.
- In a high speed blender or with an immersion blender, add in all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Add a little water, about 1 tablespoon at a time if dressing gets too thick.
- Toss salad and enjoy!