Have you heard? Eat fat get thin. It’s the newest craze. The idea that eating a low carb diet with high fat and moderate protein is taking over the health food world!
The diet is called Ketogenic and the goal is to get your body to go into ketosis, where it is burning fat for fuel instead of glucose. HeartBeet works with people who are following this diet, so we are always coming up with fun ways to make sure they get enough fat in! These cinnamon keto bombs taste like a delicious pecan pie…. yum!!! They just take a couple minutes to whip up, then some time to cool in the fridge. It is important when eating a high fat diet that the fat is sourced from quality products, like a good coconut oil or grassfed butter.
Keto Cinnamon Fat Bombs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Cools for 2 hours in the fridge
Yields: 15 servings (about 1 Tablespoon each)
- 1 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 – 10 drops stevia, depending on your sweet tooth :0)
- large flaked salt
- Puree all ingredients expect salt in blender or food processor till smooth.
- Pour into silicon mold, about 1 tablespoon for serving.
- Sprinkle with large flaked salt, about a small pinch per serving.
- Cool in the fridge for 2 hours, then pop out of the mold and keep in the fridge for 7 – 10 days.