I posted a picture of a cake I baked for a client who is dairy/gluten/white-sugar free on instagram and I got tons of comments to post the recipe. Okay, I got three. Three comments. But that was enough inspiration to share this amazing recipe. This cake is so decadent and perfect for sharing with your friends at a dinner party.
Or having a slice while hanging out in bed in your underwear…..
Adapted and upgraded from this recipe on food.com
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Yields 8 – 10 super rich servings
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 – 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- optional: fresh berries and honey-whipped cream for serving
- Use 1 tablespoon coconut oil to grease a 9” springform pan well. Line the bottom with parchment paper, then oil the parchment paper too.
- Mix the remaining ½ cup coconut oil with chocolate over a double boiler until smooth. Be careful not to burn and continuously stir.
- Remove from heat and mix in coconut sugar until well incorporated. Mix in eggs, only one at a time. Then add in cocoa powder and stir until smooth.
- Pour into pan and bake for 35 – 40 minutes at 350. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.