I pretty much post new recipes on the days when I am doing my accounting.
Creating new recipes is a great way to procrastinate on accounting. I know it will get done at some point, but making peppermint hot chocolate seemed way more important than reconciling my accounts.
When I was little, my sister and I would have hot chocolate every morning when it was cold. We would eat it with croissants, dipping the pastry into the drink and calling it “Turkey.” I guess to a 9 year old, drenched croissants have very similar attributes to sliced turkey 😉
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (from the can)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon high quality Cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp peppermint
- French Vanilla or Chocolate Stevia to taste
- Mix all ingredients except stevia in a saucepan and whisk over low heat until well combined.
- Continue to simmer on low for 2 – 3 minutes. Serve hot.