I am pretty sure I haven’t seen the sun in over a week. It has been really rainy and overcast in Boulder for some time now. Which is good news for summer, it is going to be so lush and beautiful! But bad news for my mood. I get really depressed when I don’t get my sunshine in. Can you relate?
But what better way to lift the mood than some yummy pancakes, huh? I love these pancakes because they have great flavor, no sugar, are very satisfying and don’t have any almond products in them….. (can I get an amen paleo peeps?).
I drink Crio Bru in the morning on special occasions, like pancake day. It is ground cacao beans that brews like coffee, but isn’t coffee. For those of us who don’t like a ton of caffeine or the taste of coffee.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 ripe plantain
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp ground vanilla beans or 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick on low. These are not like regular gluten pancakes, you don’t want your pan screamin’ hot. Melt 1/2 tsp of coconut oil plus 1/4 cup batter. Spread batter out a bit because it will be a little thick.
- Pancakes cook very fast so don’t walk away. Give each side about 30 – 45 seconds before flipping. Little bubbles will appear on the side.
- Add 1/2 tsp of coconut oil with each new pancake addition to pan.
- Serve hot or freeze for later consumption.
I served mine with blueberry sauce which is just frozen blueberries with a dash of water heated in a small sauce pot till warm and tender. No sugar needed!